Monday, December 3, 2007

A Saturday Off??

This past weekend I had Saturday off, absolutely no assignments on the schedule. So what did I do with this rare opportunity? Well....
I took pictures.

Two very good friends of mine were married on Saturday, and although I was not the "official" wedding photographer I decided to bring along my Nikon D2H and a 50mm 1.4 lens and grab a few snapshots (A relative of theirs photographed it for them, I know, I gave them a hard time for not hiring me).

I love using the 50mm fixed lens. It's fast and sharp, two great qualities of a lens. For those of you who don't know much about lenses, the 50mm fixed lens does not allow you to zoom in or out and is said to give you the closest perception of human vision, so it really makes you search for defining moments of an event. In other words, it does not allow for the distortion aspect of a wide angle lens or the compression of a long zoom lens.

So here are a few of my favorites from the wedding:

Beau and Krista, the kiss:



Kyle, the ring bearer:



Sammy, the flower girl:



Krista, the bride, changing into more "comfortable" shoes:


No comments: