Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Time to vote!

Editors note: It is my birthday today, and normally it would be a day to celebrate. But for some reason the college students that I teach believe me to be in my mid-30s, even though I am actually in my mid-20s. So now I am left wondering, "Am I really aging that badly?" Long story short, I may have to fail them all on their mid-term exams.

It was time to vote again today, and it was my job once again to illustrate the act of voting. It is always somewhat difficult to make an interesting photograph from people standing at the polls. One angle I decided to take was that of an interesting reflection I noticed near the polls. Here's what I came away with:


That worked out okay, although my paper may not find it suitable to run as a centerpiece photo. So I always make sure I gather plenty of different angles at an event in order to tell the entire story. This photo may make for a more accurate centerpiece:

I managed to get some decent interaction from the subjects in the photo while still keeping in mind my composition at an interesting angle.

I'm getting too old for this....

2 comments:

Rae said...

You're only in your mid-20's? What? I thought you were like....39. And I can see that without repercussions of you failing me! Mwwuahahahahha.....

Um...okay, I feel bad. I'm just kidding. I thought you were 28.

Rae said...

*I can SAY that. Hahha...I hate that I can't edit my comments on blogger!