Thursday, March 5, 2009

Juke Kartel

Some good friends of my Aussie roommate were in town the other day to put on a show at the famous Troubadour in West Hollywood. The band, Juke Kartel, is from Melbourne, Australia and are breaking into the American music scene in a huge way. You may recognize the lead man, Toby Rand, from the hit reality show, Rock Star Supernova, in which rock stars battled to be the lead singer for a band which featured Tommy Lee and others. Great group of guys that put on a heck of a show, good enough for a guitarist named Slash from a little band called "Guns N Roses" to stop by and be part of the crowd.

Aside from being a roadie most of the day, I managed to snap a few pics as well....

Photobucket

Toby Rand....

Photobucket

Dale Winters....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jason Pinfold....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Todd Burman....

Photobucket

I love this one, that's actually a camera flash from the crowd lighting up Toby....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tommy Kende....

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I LOVE your pics Garrett! I just found this link today at the JK forum! That shot that you love, where Toby is being illuminated...that was me!!! I adore this shot! I love how we both caught a moment in time from 2different perspectives! Beautiful work!

Photosnappinmama said...

You've got some amazing pictures of this band. On and off stage! I just stumbled upon your blog tonight. Really great work!