Thursday, May 8, 2008

Seattle

This past weekend I was in Seattle for my two days off (quick trip....don't ask). Every time I make it back to my home town, I make sure I hit up the market (Pike Place Market) and take in the atmosphere, that always helps me feel like I'm really home again. And of course, I always take my camera. I like to challenge myself and try to focus on a different aspect of the most photographed site in Seattle; this time I wanted some black and white images. So I grabbed my 50mm and hit the market....

Seafood Stress:



Chinese:



Fruit:



Feet:



Love:



Market:



Sailing:



The Original:



Tourists:



Tunes:

4 comments:

Rae said...

Beautiful set of photos! Probably sounds cheesy, but you can see how at-home you feel there. You can see that this is a place you love and a place in which you're comfortable.

I think these might be my favorites yet. There's something more to them!

Garrett Davis said...

Thanks Rae! It's very true, the more comfortable you are with your subject, the better the photos will turn out.

So what's it going to take to get you in my class? Be sure to tell Phil I said hi....

Anonymous said...

Wow,
Our blogs are pretty much the same. Lot's of action, drama, art.
http://beastes.blogspot.com/

PTA meetings aside, you gotta come out here for some hiking/biking. ... Assuming we can get a babysitter. :)

Garrett Davis said...

Yea, pretty close. I just need some kids with face paint and a boxer, then I'm set!

I'll make my brother visit the same time, then he can babysit and we can do some biking....